Friday, February 11, 2011

Today I have been working on..........

A table runner.  This was supposed to be a nine yard warp for rugs but as I was winding the warp I realized I didn't have enough blue. Plan B. The warp became a warp wide enough for table runners or placemats. This is what I have woven so far.


This is one of my old shuttles. I don't know how old it is.  I have never seen another one like it. I believe it was made for rags but I use it for thick yarn, too. I think it is pretty neat looking.

Right now I have warps on my Lervad, Schacht, Gilmore, Union floor looms and on my Tools of the Trade and LeClerc Dorothy table looms. Only one loom waiting for a warp. That is the Structo 8 harness on a stand. I have almost completed my goal of a warp on every loom!

Tomorrow is a work day at the studio. I have a long list of things that still need to be done.  My plan is to recruit our youngest son. I am certain he will be somewhat less than thrilled.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Linda

4 comments:

  1. What a great goal!!! I've got to get busy and get my empty looms warped, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking along the same lines! Once the barn is finished it is back to work for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have been bus. Good luck on recruiting William
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it when a plan comes together.

    ReplyDelete