Thursday, February 3, 2011

Shaggy rug #2

This is the rug I started today.  These selveges are shorter than the last rug I made.  Taking a look at what stash I had left I finally decided on using two shuttles. One of off white and the other of blue ( it has strands of white mixed in) , alternating. I think I like the effect. The blue is darker than what the pictures shows.

See the shuttle? It is from the 1800's. There is a name and date written in pencil on it. I like to wonder about the weaver who first used it. I wonder things like who made the shuttle for her. Hmmm, maybe it was a him! What things did weaver weave? What did the loom like?


The other thing I worked on today was the Lervad loom. It was all balanced in the old studio but in the move it all got out of whack. Origonally ropes were used to tie it up. I find them too frustrating. I like Texolve cords instead. It is a lot quicker to do the tie ups this way. It is now ready for a warp. I think I will make scarves on this loom.   It is such a pretty loom. It is the only one I have with a hanging beater. I think I am really going to like weaving on this one.                                                                                       

Well, that is it for today.  Hope you all stay warm. We had spring like weather for a few days but now winter has returned.  

Linda                                                                                                                                                                                                              

                                                                                                                                                                        


                                                                            








2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished rug!
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is that? LOVE that you have a neat place to go and *create*!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete