Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Still at it

Today I hemmed and washed the last three rugs. Tomorrow they will get tags and then be added to the latest stack to be added to my inventory.





Last summer I bought something that I thought would be interesting for rugs. I wove up some of it and decided that it would be too heavy a rug to be washed in a home washing machine. It is soft and would be nice to step on coming out of the shower, though. It is time consuming to weave.




Here is a close up. I think it looks like a floor mop! This sample is just the right size for a loom bench! I think I will give it a try there.





Life here on the ridge has been so busy lately and will be for a few more weeks. Our youngest will be graduating from high school in just a few weeks. Prom is this Saturday and tomorrow we are going to a formal dinner. One of his teachers has named him student of the year. We are so proud of him!


Linda

3 comments:

  1. Where is the first place your headed to this season to sell your goods? Is it close by?

    ReplyDelete