Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Rug, placemats, plants and wool

Life has kept me away from my looms for the last several days. Next month our youngest child will be graduating from high school. My family and I have been busy working around the outside of the house and studio getting them company ready. The studio's front yard had been landscaped by the previous owners but not well. There were shrubs that were too close to the house and taller plants were in front of shorter plants. Last Saturday I gave four shrubs away to some friends. I think they were Chinese Laurel but I am not sure. In their place but away from the house I planted Knockout roses. I have seen these in many places lately and they are so pretty. I hope they live. I have been known to have a brown thumb!

Today I was able to spend a few hours at the studio. I am almost done with the Christmas placemat warp. I have lost count of how many are on there but the end is in sight.

I finished another rug on the Studio loom. This one is blue and yellow. This one has alternating strips of both colors.








I have looms with woven items on them that I need to cut off, hem and wash. My first event in in less than a month! There is so much I have to do!

Another thing I have been working on is getting Philippe to get close to me. He is so shy! The slightest movement or sound will send him running away. I have been giving him bread and Cheerios as treats. For a while he wouldn't go near them but when he saw the others eating them he decided maybe he wanted to try it, too. Today he got close enough to let me pet his nose with one finger. Ah, progress! He is going to be sheared at the end of the month so I really need to be able to catch him. I wonder what he will look like without all that wool?






Kami, my Nigora is starting to shed. Time to start brushing her to get all that nice wool. It looks like I will be doing lots of spinning this summer. I hope so, anyway!

Linda

5 comments:

  1. You've been a busy lady! It will be fun to see what you do with your wool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that rug! I have had a lot of success with Knock Out roses. They seem to thrive on neglect, so yours should be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute to have your little Philippe start to trust you and become one of the family now! awwww

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Philippe looks so cute! I know you are going to love your own fiber animals! Your rugs, of course are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that rug. It is fun to see the warp look different with the different color of weft. A question. Does Philippe have three horns? On the picture it looks like it.He is cute.

    ReplyDelete