Saturday, December 16, 2017

Time to clean

Weaving is messy. Really messy. Wether it be fuzzies from the weaving process or scraps of yarn from trimming fringes. Over time, when I am in production mode, it gets pretty messy at the studio. Today was cleaning day. The studio looks so much better! I should have taken before and after pictures. Hmmm, then again maybe not. I really wouldn't want anyone to see the mess. It sure feels good to have it all cleaned up. Now I am ready to start weaving again sometime after Christmas. I am looking forward to it.

My faithful farm dog is seven years old. I don't really want to think of a time when he won't be with me anymore. I love him. It's that simple. He is the best livestock guardian dog ever! Truth is, he will probably only live to be ten years old. Big dogs just don't live that long.

 I had been thinking, off and on, about getting a puppy for Max to train. Mostly off because I don't like thinking about not having him anymore. Then in October I met someone whose Great Pyrenees was going to have puppies. Puppies? Hmmm. Then a couple of weeks ago I got a message that the puppies had been born and did I want one. Now I HAD to think about what to do. I decided yes. Want to see what he looks like?



Meet Beau. Isn't he adorable and big? My Max was the runt of the litter and he weighs 130 pounds. I thought He was big! This pup could be even larger. With Max as his trainer he, too, will be a wonderful farm dog. I can't wait to meet him. It will probably be another six weeks before I can bring him home. I hope Max likes him!

Until next time,

Linda
www.pineridgehandwovens.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment