Saturday, December 16, 2017

Candle light tours

One of the things I really like to do is participate in living history, This month I participated in the candle light tours at the Museum of Appalachia in Norris, Tn. I demonstrated tape loom weaving for the public. Another woman was in the cabin I was in was demonstrating spinning. We did it for two nights. Many people were interested in what we were doing and what we had to say about it. Others not so much. They were more interested in having their pictures taken in front of the Christmas tree or fireplace. There was so much happening at the museum. A living nativity, petting zoo, sassafrass tea tasting, lots of music and blacksmithing. There were more things going on but I didn't get to see much of it since I was stationed in a cabin.








Another candle light tour I was involved in was at Wilderness Road State Park in Ewing, Va. There is a reconstructed fort there representing 1775. It was pretty cold and windy. We were all standing around a firepit singing songs that would have been sung in the 18th century when it started to snow! It was so beautiful. It was so nice to be with friends one last time this year. It will be spring before we will see each other again. Such a magical night!

Until next time,

Linda
www.pineridgehandwovens.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment