Friday, December 8, 2017

December

This is my third attempt at writing something for the blog. The other two simply vanished! So, let's try this again. Here goes!

December is such a busy month. Parties, concerts, baking. You get the idea and I am sure it is the same for you. So why did I choose this time to start a website? I have wanted to do it for a couple of years now but what I wanted to do just wasn't available to me until now. I wanted to be able to use the square reader to take payments. Until recently square wasn't available for websites. Now it is. They have made it so easy to take payments. Yay! So with my personal web genius, aka our son, we created something we like. 

The other thing I am working on this month is clearing things out of the studio. Really, do I need all this stuff? Some went to family, some was donated to the Appalachian Arts Craft Center and some to other weavers. I am even giving some of my things to a new re enactor and to a historic site's clothes closet. It sure feels good to get rid of the clutter and I love seeing more space at the studio. When I get done giving away and cleaning I will get back to production mode. I have several ideas of what projects I want to weave in the coming year. Besides that there is the new to me Berga/Savonia loom that is waiting for a warp. 





These are two examples of the rugs I have on the website. These are thick and plush. I with you could feel these under your feet! They are so soft.

Well, that is all I have for today. If you have the time please take a look at our website.

Linda

1 comment:

  1. I understand! I have been in a "purge" mode lately, and I must admit that it sure feels good!!!!

    ReplyDelete