Thursday, January 20, 2011

More snow?

Today is going to be a weird weather day, here. The temperatures are supposed to get up to 50 and then go down. We are supposed to get more snow tonight but from what I can tell it won't be much.

I don't have much in the way of anything new to talk about. DH and I have been working on a mantle for the studio living room. We set it in place last night. I still have more spots to paint. The white areas are putty that I was waiting on to dry. The area in the front top of the mantle had a label on it. I had to get the sticky off before I can paint. There is still some small decorative parts that need to be put back on but unless you bend over you will probably never see them.

I am playing around with what I want to put on there. I also still need to buy wood molding to go around the bricks. After we set it in place I stepped back to take a look. I couldn't believe what a difference it made in the room! Don't you just love the color barn red?

I am heading back to the studio to sectionally warp the Union for shaggy rugs. I started to do it yesterday afternoon but my phone kept ringing! Today I will turn it off. I enjoy making shaggy rugs. They are a bit messy but when they are done I like to run my hands over them. I see in the stores that shaggy rugs have made a come back.

I have a small TV at the studio. I tuned in to the retro network the other day and discovered one of my favorite shows from a while back, Magnum PI. Now I get to watch it while I weave!

Have a wonderful day and enjoy the snow! When God gives you snow........make snow angels!

Linda

2 comments:

  1. Your mantle is turning out just wonderful! I like your style... stay in and stay warm. If you get snowed in next door in your studio, will Mark sent a barrel of brandy attached to the dog over to you? Or tea?

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mantle is beautiful!
    betty
    ps send me a picture of your snow angel!

    ReplyDelete