Thursday, September 1, 2011

What is happening this week

Here are the latest dish towels off the loom. Don't they look nice sitting there on the shelves? They are all hemmed and washed. All I need to do is put tags on them.





Today I did something I have meant to do for sometime now. I wanted to drill holes in the looms for double headed  nails. These nails will go into holes that I drilled in the legs of the beater bars and the looms. Now the beaters will stay in an upright position while I am threading the reed. Now, altering looms is something I almost never do. I usually like to keep them as original as possible but I had seen this done on a loom, a Schacht, I think, and I thought it was very practical. Here is what the nails look like.





Here it is on one of the looms. I attached a bit of yarn to it so I can hang it on the loom when I don't need it.








I also was able to get a warp on the Gilmore loom today that has been lying on the top for a while now. It is blue and white cotton yarn. I have about one more inch to go in threading the reed and after tying on I will be ready to go. I didn't think to get a picture of it.

Another thing I didn't get a picture of is the wool rug I just finished. For a while I couldn't decide how long I wanted it to be. Then I decided to just weave it until all the green wool was used up. The rug is 166 inches long.

Today was our youngest's 17th birthday! I just can't imagine how the time has flown by. He is a senior in high school and is taller than I am. Hmmm, I don't know how that happened either! We will be having two celebrations this week. One for his friends and the other with family.

Well, that is what has been going on around here this week and the week isn't over yet. No telling what else could happen!

Linda

5 comments:

  1. We missed you Tuesday...but you HAVE been busy!!! That stack of towels looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been very busy! Hope the birthday celebrations are lots of fun. When will you get your van back?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed you all on Tuesday, too. The van is officially permanently out of commission but we are taking a look at another one today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful. You need a set of wheels. All that running that you do. Towels look great. I wanted to see the green runner. You will have to get us a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, What do you use the double headed nail for?

    ReplyDelete