Wednesday, March 23, 2016

All done

While I was weaving the Elegant Placemats I wondered if this yarn would hold up as fringe. I suspected it wouldn't. So after weaving one placemat I decided to weave off the rest as a table runner with a hem. Last night it came off the loom. I washed it on the gentle cycle and air dryed it. Just as I suspected. The fringe looked terrible. It will get hemmed and ironed and look great on my table. I really like using this weave structure and I know I will be using it again.




A couple of years ago my husband suggested I have some inexpensive items for sale in my booth so I started weaving mug rugs. Many people have bought them including children who like them for their doll houses. My supply has gotten low so this week I am weaving up more. I didn't take any pictures of those.

People have asked me why I weave. Hmmm, I had to think about that.
The short answer is that I really enjoy it! I can't imagine me not weaving. It is relaxing and challenges my mind when figuring out a new weave structure. I have gotten to meet some well known weavers over the years and attended a few classes. Currently I am a member of the Appalachian Arts Craft Center. The weavers meet on Tuesdays and weave things for the shop. It is so nice to be with like minded people. They are a fun and happy group and being there makes all my problems disappear for a while. If you are ever in the area stop by! The center is located in Norris, Tn. and we are there from ten am to two pm.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment