Saturday, May 19, 2012

Philippe before and after

When I woke up this morning Phillippe was still in the chain link dog kennel. Max did NOT break him out of there. Yay! I wasn't sure how long it would take me to get his halter on and get him past the goats and Max. Turns out it didn't take very long at all. Phillippe does very well on a leash. I was told to keep him dry so now what? I decided since we live on a quiet street to just take him for a walk. I don't know about him but I sure could use the exercise. Only one car went past us and we must have been a funny sight. The driver was smiling. After all, how ofter do you see someone taking their sheep for a walk?

Before long Megan, the shearer was here. I tied up Phillippe and we unloaded the stand. Now to get Phillippe on there. No easy task, I have to say. It took us three attempts to get him on but we did it. The bad thing is my face and his horn met and hard! He got me right below my eye brow. I hope I don't have a shiner when I go to church in the morning but it looks like I will. Will anyone believe me when I say I was wrestling a sheep?

Here is his before picture.



And after.



Major difference, isn't it? Max thought so, too. I had to reintroduce Max and Phillippe all over again. After a few good sniffs on Max's part all was well and I could turn him loose.

After all that I cleaned up the barn. My hay comes later today. Whew! I need a nap!

Linda

6 comments:

  1. I wouldn't have recognized him without his wool!!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those spots. Do you have something in mind to make with his wool?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LouAnn, I might have recognized his head but nothing else!

    Voni, I don't have anything in mind at the moment. I will have to give it some thought. I have to clean it and get it carded and spun first. That will take me a while. So far all I have made from Jacob wool is knitted hats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch! Poor thing he was frightened. He probably feels much better now w/o all that. Hope your eye is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those horns are something else! I love his spots,and I am curious how his fleece is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is so cute. I bet he is a bit cold without all the wool. I guess he will adjust. I hope you are ok.

    ReplyDelete