Monday, January 9, 2017

what is new around here

I have been thinking about what to write here for weeks. Okay, more like months. The truth is I haven't woven in a long time. It all started with a pain in my shoulder.
Two cortisone shots, exercises done at home and an MRI later I find out I need surgery. Among other things I was told my bicep needed to be reattached! It wouldn't have been so bad had it been my left shoulder but you see, I am right handed! My arm needed to be in a sling post surgery for a month. then I was told I can't use it for four months. That will be the end of March!

Then about five weeks post op I find I have a herniated disk. If you have ever experienced this then you know how awful the pain can be especially when it travels down a leg! More surgery. How can one person fall apart so quickly? Suddenly I feel old. Very very old! 

I am now at a rehab center trying to get some strength in my left leg and to learn to get by with my restrictions. On the good side I have one good arm and one good leg, right? The hard part is feeling so helpless at times. Have you ever gotten into a recliner ( just have to get out of the wheel chair for a while) and then realize the lever is on the wrong side? Then to top it off I have to ask someone to make it recline and then to come back to help me sit back up! Now I know how a beached whale feels!

I am not telling you this so that you will feel sorry for me. Not at all! I just wanted you all to know where I have disappeared to and that I won't have any weaving to show for a while. 

So until you hear from me again I will be here in rehab exercising and progressing every day, reading, doing crossword puzzles and keeping up with other weavers either through their blogs or on facebook. If I can't weave at least I can see the beautiful work of other weavers! Right? I may be down for a while but all this is temporary! So I will focus on the good and try to keep a good sense of humor. ( I am trying to picture myself with one Popeye arm. :)

Until next time.

Linda

2 comments:

  1. We were just wondering about you today at weaving!!! Are you ready for visitors???? We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife has been wanting a Lervad loom for a while. When doing research I saw your site and wondered how you rate it to weave on? It is a cute little loom. If you hear of any for sale while people scan your site please send them my way. Thanks, Will

    ReplyDelete