Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Finnian goes on a field trip!

Several of the Tuesday Weavers { loomy tunes blog} have asked me about my two new cashmere goats so yesterday I decided they needed to see one in person. Finnian was acting shy even though he is very friendly and likes people. When people first came up to him he turned his head around and lied it on my chest! Silly goat!



When we got back home my husband met me on the porch and asked me if Finnian would like to visit and elderly woman we know. Sure! So we got back in the van and headed there. They both enjoyed the visit. Hmmm, maybe Finnian has a future in visiting places like nursing homes etc.

I have been weaving several scarves. I used the book The Weaver's Idea Book by Jane Patrick. I have been wanting to try out some of her patterns. This one is on page 25, #8 It has a different look on each side. I really like how this one turned out!




Another thing I tried was a sample using a variegated singles wool yarn as warp and weft on the rigid heddle loom. I thought if I used it on this loom that it would be gentler on the warp. Even though this yarn is very nice I would never use it as warp again. It was loosely spun and was almost like very thin roving. I found on the outside warp threads that it shreaded. I spent more time trying to fix the problem than I was weaving it. The unexpected thing was that it puckered when taken off the loom making a very interesting pattern in the sample. I think it would make a very nice scarf if it wasn't so difficult to weave with. The next sample I used lesser tension but I still didn't like weaving with it. The puckers were not as noticable on that one.


What do you think of it? Can you see the puckers? It is a nice effect!

Until next time.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment