Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Whew what a day we are having!

Rain, rain and more rain. That is what we have had since last night. We have so much rain that the schools let out an hour early! I am so glad we live on a hill! When I got the call that school was letting out early I called and left a message for our son that I would be there at three. The school was letting the car riders out at three pm but the bus riders will be getting out at their regular time. I was beginning to think I would never get there! The bad thing about living on a ridge is that the road leads down to a valley. No matter which road I could take after leaving our road I would be very close to creeks. A couple of miles from home there was a large tree across the road so I had to turn around and find another route. The roads were slightly flooded but still passable. It was pretty slow going. Then there was a stalled car in the road. We are at home now, safe and sound. I just hope my husband gets here ok!

If you are having weather like we are please stay safe!

Linda

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're all safe Linda! I know lots have flash flood watches and they can come so fast.
    Stay safe, hugs Libby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even this morning it looks like I live on the lake!!! Glad you got home. I snuggled in early.
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ww had some snow this morning! It didn't stick, though. It looked like a blizzard around 3:15. I love snow!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! that should read we had some snow this morning. I took some back roads to the next town and saw that huge rolls of hay had floated near the road!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete